The pattern is worked in the round, specially because of this i really suggest using a stitch marker(my favorite way to mark rows is with a different color of scrap yarn). A few parts for this pattern are also worked in a magic circle(if you're not familiar check out this great youtube tutorial) but you can easily begin with your preferred method.
Gauge is not important for this project but you do want to use a hook small enough that will create a tight fabric which won’t have holes between the stitches and the stuffing won’t show through. For the sample I used worsted weight yarn/red heart super saver and an F Size hook. You will of course need a type of stuffing, felt or whatever you want to use for the eyes and a needle to sew the pieces together(apart from yarn and hook).
1. 6 in magic circle -6
2. Inc all -12
3. Inc all -24
4. (sc 3, inc 1) x 6 -30
5. (sc 4, inc 1) x6 -36
6. (sc 5, inc 1)x6 -42
7. sc all -42
8. sc all
9. sc all
10. sc all
11. sc all
12. sc all
13. sc all
14. sc all
15. sc all
16. sc all
17. sc all
18. sc all
19. sc all - 42
20. (sc 5, dec 1) x 6 -36
21. (sc 4, dec 1) x6 -30
22. (sc 3, dec 1) x 6 -24
Stuff body as you go
23. Dec all -12
24. Dec all -6
25. Dec until there is no longer a hole. Do not cut yarn and start on TAIL
1. Slip stitch the two center stitches closed and chain 5
2. Sc 3 in the 2nd chain from hook and sc 3 in each of the remainder 3 stitches
3. Finish off, leave tail to sew to the starting point
1. Chain 4. SC in the 2nd and 3rd stitch from the hook.
SC 3 in the last chain and turn to start working down the other side of the chain.
SC 1 in the next 2 stitches and slip stitch to the the beginning(the slip stitch forms the final stitch) -8
2. Chain 1 and sc in the back loop of each stitch. Slip stitch to the beginning stitch -8
3. Chain 1 and TURN working back on the row you just completed. SC in the next 5 stitches. Finish off, leaving tail to sew on body
Ears (make 2)
These are made flat, chain(as indicated) and turn on every row
1. Chain 2. SC 2 in the second stitch from hook -2
2. Chain 1 and increase all -4
3.Chain 1, SC all -4
4. Chain 1, SC all -4
5. Chain 1, SC all -4
6. Chain 1, SC all. Finish off and leave tail to sew on body. -4
Legs (make 4)
1. 6 in magic circle -6
2. (sc 2, 1 inc) x 2 -8
3. SC all -8
4. SC all -8
5. (sc 2, 1 dec) x2 -6
Finish off and leave tail to sew on body
Nose: Add details on nose(nostrils) and stuff lightly. Sew one row under the middle/starting point of the face with the wider rim of the nose on the bottom.
Ears: Sew on the 6th or 7th row away from the center/starting point of the face about 4 stitches apart
Legs: I didn't stuff the legs so they would lay flat. Sew to the bottom of the body starting on the 7th and 12th row from the center/starting point of the face about the width of the nose apart.
Eyes: I used felt for the eyes, two circles about the size of pencil erasers. You can use buttons, embroider them on, etc. Glue/attach them to the sides of the nose about 1 row/stitch away.