Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Envelopes & WIPS

This week i worked on some cute envelopes that i'm in the process of making a vid tutorial for. This is a free Lion Brand pattern(available on their website). I made some knitted versions as well, which i may or may not throw in there someplace(or make a separate one? hm...). I also started working on a crochet shirt which i totally frogged....BUT, instead of ripping it away i made it into a bag. Not only did it take time to crochet that piece, but it was also the result of my wonky calculations and wanted to avoid even further shame(lol). It's not lined yet nor did i finish the bows but i think it will be one cute bag once done. I'm also playing around with the idea of adding a zipper, and perhaps even pockets.

I also started on another baby blanket inspired by Nintendo's mushroom. No pictures yet since it's
really at the beginning stages, but i'll keep tabs on that for you. Blankets aren't my thing usually, but small baby-sized ones are a decent size to do without it being overkill. This one will be all half-double crochet, and yes it will be pixelated(hopefully this works out).

That shirt which gave birth to the bag.....i'm actually still making that. Due to the hick-up it's not as far along as it should be, but there's no rush. It's an easy enough pattern from the book Contemporary Crochet: 37 European Designs . Wish me luck! I'm not sure if i'll be cheating and counting this as my 2nd sweater(one of my yearly goals was to make 2), but who knows, maybe i'll get lazy starting on another actual sweater and make it happen.

I've also spent a bit of time updating my website(malonsshop.com) and made small changes on my blog here(specially the left hand column, if you couldn't tell). I'm still not 100% aware of all the capabilities this site has to offer, nor WordPress for that matter(it's what i'm building my website with), so if anyone has ideas or tips they'd like to share that would be great. If you're good at all this and want to tutor me, that would be amazing...


No comments:

Post a Comment