Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Amigurumis & Lion Brand Tutorial Updates

Animal Crossing! I've been doing most things AC recently...and it probably has to do that it's one of my fave game series of all time. This week it's not totally my fault though; i had a custom order to get done. This time i made a pair of pigs(lol), Hugh and Gala. I think they turned out pretty adorable :).


The rest of my week was taken over by life; not much time for yarn. I'm still working on a couple of WIPs, the purple shawl as well as the sweater. I'm so close to finishing that i can't wait, in the meantime i tell myself that i'm 'SOOOO' close, i have time to work on another project and still be able to finish it by the end of the month. I think secretly, i may not want it to be complete...>.> Oh and the socks....man those socks...who knows when they'll get done(if ever). I actually got somewhat stuck when thinking of what kind of heel i wanted to do since i'm doing them toe-up. Not being a sock knitter, i'm not very familiar with all the types and all of that(yet).

I did get some awesome news however, from Lion Brand. My request to make tutorials/videos using their free online patterns has been approved so that has me pretty psyched! Of course, i haven't started yet all thought i have a couple in mind i wouldn't mind starting off with. I've used them often enough i think where i can say they're pretty good(in a general sense lol). Definitely looking forward to that!

This week i plan to finish the shawl, hopefully get halfway done with my sweater sleeve(at the least), and brainstorm what pattern(s) will be featured in tutorial form first. Not to mention my website (malonsshop.com).... that's a huge can of worms... and it has been opened probably without fully realizing what it may mean. I'm a newbie when it comes to that and at this point i feel somewhat overwhelmed, however i know it's doable. I'm just sort of dreading putting in the work. To have something to look forward to, i have made Delaquan's awesome yarn into a cake which is ready for knitting. I've yet to pick a pattern, but that's half the fun. Check her out at shespins.com!






No comments:

Post a Comment