Sunday, May 3, 2015

Project Update & MDSW Haul

This has been a pretty full. MD Sheep and Wool was this weekend, and i have to say it was an awesome time...i made it home with some amazing yarn and fiber and managed not to break the bank(mini-haul!). It was a gorgeous day to be outdoors and i got to meet another fellow knitter(and crocheter); Dalequan from the SheSpins on YouTube. Unfortunately i didn't bump into anyone else i recognized this time around, but next time i will plan this out!

I made it out with a smallish yarn haul; including a yarn for you guys(i'm already planning ahead for the 1k YouTube subscriber giveaway)! I got a skein of Merino in an orangy/peachy/grayish colorway called Fire Opal, and picked up the Berry Delight colorway for you guys; this is an awesome pink/purple/green/brown blend. A skein of Old Mill Yarn also made it to my stash, i just loved all the different shades of brown(i should have picked up more of this, i would love a sweater quantity). Last but not least(yarnwise) i picked up a huge mega skein of Blue Moon yarn of BFL Sport in the H2OH YEAH! colorway; which has amazing blues and green shades throughout.  I did purchase two fiber braids; a Wool and Silk blend in the 'Seamist' colorway as well as a natural braid of Blueface Swirl by Gale's Art. I found this one specifically gorgeous since it's a combination of natural colors; it's a cream with grays and browns, no dye needed.

I finished the Sloan Shawl on the way to MDSW and was so excited that i used most of my yarn pick for April(save a couple of yards). I love everything about this shawl; the yarn, the texture, the colors, the look, i would definitely make this again(and recommend it to others). I also picked out my yarn pick for this month which is some I Love This Yarn in the Seablue Tweed colorway; i'm thinking baby clothes or something similar for this yarn. For more blurbs check out the video as usual :)



No comments:

Post a Comment