Sunday, June 14, 2015

Update Time!

It feels like it's been quiet a while since my last update!! It's been about a month i think. I finished the cute baby cardigan i was working on, which used up most of my yarn pick for the month of May. I didn't have enough to do the sleeves still, adorable nonetheless. I also whipped up a Poppy hat, one of my favorite patterns ever.. which i paired with with one of my favorite Red Heart SS colorways, 'Peruvian Print', the outcome was awesome and random all at once. I'm going to try to squeeze another one out with the yarn i have left(not sure if i'll make it, but i'll try!).

I've been spinning and working on some WIPs(works in progress) as well, however i decided to cut down on yarn time due to discomfort. Crochet used to cause this quite a lot, with the new ergonomic hooks i got a while ago it hasn't though, and i haven't been doing all that much crochet lately. This time around it has to be either the knitting or spinning, unfortunately even gaming, it seems like i'm working with my hands nonstop all day. I've been looking up other hobbies and/or looking for other ways i could do things in order to give my hands a rest; reading(an actual book as opposed to audio books) is a great way, as is any video game where you can play it via the Kinect, PS' Move controller or even some Wii/Wii U games that use the wand. It has me a little sad, but i think everything will work itself out in time.

Knitting wise i'm still working on my sweater as well as the cat themed cowl and a new project, a wedge shawl. Crochet wise i'm still working on my Nintendo Inspired blanket as well as a needle holder i can  hang on my wall. I don't have all the details yet, but i'll be updating on my Rav as i'm making progress. There is some spinning that's still waiting to be washed and i'm working on some awesome fiber i turned to rolags recently. I love this stuff! In my video update i also share my yarn pick for the month of June which is pretty awesome; i'm looking fwd to work on it!

Last but not least, my New York trip is coming up!! I plan to visit the Lion Brand Studio for sure and have a few other smaller yarn places on my list. I'll be staying in the Manhattan area for the week and am really looking fwd to it. Being a couple of blocks away from Nintendo World will be amazing, not to mention very close to Time's Square. I'll try to take some pictures and/or have an update for you guys. I will be taking some projects to work on, specially during the drive (it's about a 4-5hr drive from where i'm at) and of course, will be taking some gaming stuff as well.

Talking about gaming... i totally forgot to mention the ones i beat recently. DuckTales Remastered was pretty awesome, it really brought some memories from back in the day. I plan to make a Tunisian crochet pillow for this one, inspired by the 8bit version from the NES day. I also recently finished LoZ: Majora's Mask. I played this back in the day of N64 and i had forgotten how much there is to do, a lot of side quests and all of that. I thoroughly  enjoyed it(probably more than the first time). For this one i was thinking of making an amigurumi, but i still have to brainstorm a little to see what it is i would really want to make. Check out my video for more blurbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment