Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Completed Cardigan & January's Yarn Club Project

These last couple of weeks i've completed the 'Harvest' cardigan(check out my project page), a free pattern from tincanknits. It turned out great, i really recommend it! Although i had to alter it due to my gauge, i had no issues with my adjustments.

I also completed my Monthly Yarn Club project! January's pick was Plymouth Yarn Encore Colorspun. My aim was to use as much yarn as possible, i wanted minimal scraps/yarn left over. At first i thought fingerless gloves, but that was too small a project so i decided to make a pair of leg warmers instead. They turned out great and used up about 99.5% of the skein(if not more, really). The 'pattern' was inspired by the cozy sweater warmer i purchased from scentsy via Smellsgreatguy(check him out! he's a scentsy consultant).

The next two 'completed' items are fiber/yarn related. I finished dying my handspun(navajo plyed) which i showed during my last Cast Off vid. It wasn't what intended but it was a beautiful surprise. I love how all the colors separated and blended on themselves, it's disappointing that i won't be able to replicate it. I already know this is going to be a cowl, i just have to pick out the pattern.

I also completed spinning the 4oz of Malabrigo in the Universo colorway last week, and i recently finished plying it into a 2-ply chunky/super chunky yarn. I'm not sure about my yardage yet, i'll let it sit for a couple of more days before i make it into a skein and measure. It's my first 2-ply on my Babe spinning wheel(which i haven't named yet..lol). Check out my ravelry and Cast-Off video below for more info!

My WIPs(works in progress) for the week:
1. Sockhead Hat in Lion Brand's Sock Ease, Sourball. This is a free pattern!
2. Bernat's Cable Baby Blanket in I love This Yarn, Mid Green and Gray(?). Also a free pattern!
3. Cable and Gusset Mittens in Loops & Threads Charisma, Mountain Majesty. Pattern from the 'Circular Knitting Workshop' book.
4. Double Knitting Piranha Swatch (no pattern/ working off a chart)


No comments:

Post a Comment