Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mail Time! Amigurumi Knits and Knit Picks

It's been quite a while since i've had some yarn related mail coming in. As you guys know i'm on a yarn ban so unfortunately, i'm not purchasing any yarn or fiber regardless of how great the deals(and there have been some great ones). I don't tend to buy books/patterns all that much and have actually not thought about whether or not they would be included in my ban. Obviously, i opted to not include them and purchased an awesome book, Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits.

I had borrowed this from the library last year something and loved the patterns.  I had a chance to work up some too. Mind you i'm a lot more familiar with crochet amigurmis, so the ones i worked up were a little less than ideal, but still so cute... I'll be making more of these and selling them in my shop eventually. The ones shown here are available now(check out the tomato, carrot and eggplant here.My Etsy shop is malonb.etsy.com)! They would make great soft-toys for a play kitchen and/or to display(specially due to their size as they're quite large).

My second piece of mail was free, thanks to Knit Picks. I purchased a few cords and interchangeable tips quite some time ago and have started to use them more recently. Unfortunately i've had one of my Caspian tips come loose from the metal section where you screw on the cords(i feature a short clip in the video), and all thought it wasn't a hard fix(i dabbed a little glue on the end and pushed it back into position), i did notify them as an FYI. They promptly informed me that this doesn't happen often but when it does(or if any other issues come up with the tips or cords) they do replace them for free. So, i got a new pair of tips... pure win. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment