Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Linus, Game Inspired & Vacation!


These couple of weeks have been pretty productive i must say. I worked up two Linus shawls(free pattern via Ravelry, you can find the links in the vid description). One in the called-for sock yarn and the other in Bernat Mosaic yarn, a worsted weight. Both came out pretty great, i'm so glad i tried out this pattern; It's on the top of my faves list for sure. 


I also worked on a couple of video game related items, it seems like i ran with the Mario game theme this time. Actually, i started the 'panel' last month i believe(could have been earlier than that!) and have just finished the second row featuring the ghost, 'Boo'. Not bad! Am i right? :) The next will be in green(s) and will feature my fave baddie of the Mario game series, the Goomba. 

The mushroom blanket was a feat on its own. I have a page on Ravelry for this as well, it took a lot of my time and hard work lol(seriously, it did). It's made with half-double crochet, except for the border(which is simply single crochet). The hardest part to figure out was the swatch and how many stitches/how many rows would make a passing pixel(aka square, which is what this mushroom is made of!). Once that's calculated, it's just counting stitches and making sure you don't skip(or add) any. 

The lined bag was another feat this time around. I actually managed to work the sewing machine without much of a fuss. I messed up on the zipper and had to re-do, but that was easy enough(although time consuming). Overall it gave me a chance to give sewing another try; i should really start incorporating this into my crafting. 

Last but not least, vacation time! It's been a while since i went on my last and am pretty excited to be going someplace new. It'll be my first time to the west coast. The heat is probably the only thing i'm dreading(ok, and the plane ride), but otherwise it should be a fun experience. I'm planning to hit up some tourist attractions surrounding where i'll be at in San Diego, and plan to visit LA one of the days. As far as yarn goes, there's a few shops scattered throughout, i may(or may not) be visiting them. I am however, in the process of choosing what projects i'll be taking with me. :)

I also mentioned the book Amigurumi Toy Box!! I'm working on a horse inspired by Epona from the Legend of Zelda games. I'm super excited about this one...it will be awesome when complete!! I also musn't forget my hand-spun. It was enjoyable yet a challenge all at the same time. I'm really thinking(and re-thinking) the purchase of a spinning wheel, and if i could justify the grand purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment