Saturday, December 13, 2014

Black Friday& Cyber Monday 2014 Haul!

This post contains the totality of that i've picked up during the Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales this year. It's mostly yarn, although not only... no need to say that all this will aid my yarny addiction greatly.

Walmart had the Red Heart with Love yarn on sale for $1.97 this year, so i had to at least check it out. I don't recall using or trying out this yarn before and when visiting the store, whether i chose to buy(or not) was all up on my impression of it. I decided it would work; it's a true worsted weight(maybe even aran?) which is my preferred.  With Love is a 100% acrylic yarn that comes in 6oz/315yds a skein. I picked up 3 balls/skeins in Chocolate(brown) and Pewter(gray) which should be good sweater size quantities(specially with pops of other colors incorporated). I also picked up 2 skeins of each in Daffodil(yellow), Peacock(blue) and Aran(off white). I visited the store after the morning rush and it worked out perfectly; plenty of yarn to choose from and no waiting in line. WIN. Check out my yarn addiction video here.

Knit Picks ran their 'Big Sale Event' during black friday week. I was iffy about purchasing since i'm a rather newbie customer to knit picks as i tend to levitate towards the more inexpensive yarns; however i thought i would jump in as the sale prices seemed pretty fair. I got 9 skeins of Wool of the Andes Bulky in the Bluebird colorway, which is 100% wool and 137 yards p/ skein ~ this colorway is gorgeous. I also got a sweater quantity(10 skeins) of Wool of the Andes Superwash in the Camel Heather colorway, which is 100% superwash wool and 110 yards p/ skein. I plan to make some awesome sweaters with these, all thought i've yet to fall in love with any specific pattern. For detail(or perhaps for another project all together) i got a couple of Superwash skeins in the Indigo Heather colorway, also very pretty. Last but not least, i got one skein of Hawthorne Fingering in the Laddy's Addition colorway, another amazing pinkish orange to grey colorway. Love it! I purchased all this yarn for $50.20; no shipping cost(over $50 on their website)...making it a win at $2.28 a skein. View my  yarn addiction video here.

My browsing Knit Picks wasn't over however. After their 'Big Sale Event' they offered free shipping with a minimum purchase of $30(rather than the usual $50) and i saw they had quite a lot of their fiber on sale. If you guys haven't heard yet, i very recently purchased a spinning wheel and couldn't NOT jump in on this. Check out my spinning wheel blog(and video). I took advantage of the discounts on their Wool of the Andes Roving and purchased 4 Natural/Bare bunches(I lack the correct word for this, lol) which would pair up nicely with any color, and/or can be dyed if needed. I also got one bunch(lol) of each of the following 5 colors: Hot Rod heather, Salsa Heather, Dill Heather, Tidepool Heather and last but no least, Sapphire Heather. Each 'bunch' is 3.53oz/100grams. My total order came to $35.09. Check out my yarn addiction video here.

I also made a purchase from Tasteless Designs on etsy(check out the shop here). These weren't on 'sale' i believe, but due to my purchase of the wheel i couldn't resist the beautiful colorways... and since purchased around the same time i thought i would add them in. Aren't these gorgeous? Both are 4oz of Superfine Merino. The gray/yellow colorway is called 'Spellbook', while the one with red is called 'Berlin'. I'm really looking forward to spinning these up.


Last but not least, the spinning wheel! I purchased a Babe(spinning wheel) from woolery.com and it's quite exciting and awesome at the same time. Check out my related blog here and/or check out my spinning wheel assembly video here. This year has been filled with lots of new things to feed my yarn/fiber stash. I'm looking forward to using some up while at the same time looking forward to purchasing some more to fill the void...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment