Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Most Expensive Skein...

This past weekend i have purchased the most expensive skein i have ever bought. Ever. Meet the $30 Plymouth Select Kettle-Dyed Superwash Merino Wool in color 1004...this is the full 436yds/200grams. Isn't it beautiful?! ...it's actually the green skein featured in the 2nd pic :)

The store i checked out was 'They Yarn Store' in Columbus, OH. I also checked out a Michael's in the area, although i'm not sure why! I had this idea that it may differ somewhat from the one around me(in VA), but it didn't, at least not enough to talk about(or perhaps not enough for me to notice). So anyway, via their website this yarn store was the biggest around here and it was also recommended by a fellow Cast-Off crew member so i had to check it out! They also sell online i believe, and while checking out they mentioned that a free membership card is available which offers some nice incentives. If it was compatible with online sales(it's not) i would have got it for sure. 

I picked up a few other skeins for myself(some were sale items) which are also pretty awesome. I have something in my stash that i can pair up with the Peria, and am looking to do something  two-toned with the others as well. Not to mention the Malabrigo...i'm in love with how soft that yarn is. If need-be i'm also going to pair it up with a partial skein i had in my stash ~ whatever this will become, it will be beautiful. 





During this road trip i had lots of time(it was about a 7hr drive each way) to craft and i made reasonable progress. I almost finished one of my socks, yet i decided that it is in fact too big and am unhappy with how the toe was progressing....so i decided to frog and start a pair of to-up and make them two at a time so i could use up all that yarn. I used up a whole skein(i only took 1) of the Unforgettableyarn on my half-granny square shawl, i also wished they had solid colors so i could pair this up with a white or cream perhaps... maybe they will eventually. Check out my cast-off vid here! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment